Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not a Blog

This is not a “blog”. The word “blog” sounds like the noise you make when regurgitating.  “Oh, my stomach is not to happ- bloooooooooooooggggg, spew…ewww”  Cannot stand that word!  This is a...um, Wlog, Elog…great, now it sounds like alien names.  Epost?  Virtual Letter? ViLet? Post-E?  Er…ok, we’ll figure this out later. Anyways, whatever this is called, I will NOT be updating you on my boring-ass life.  There will be no posts of “Oh, my rabbit ate my comics!”, even if my rabbit does eat my comics, you will not hare about it hare.  This will be a place of learning, of fun and of sharing ideas. Though, if I seem very down one day, you can assume that my rabbit did in fact eat my comics.  Bad, cute, adorable rabbit with Batman’s speech balloon hanging out of his mouth.


Ok, now to explain the reason for this…This-Thing-That-Has-Yet-To-Be-Named:

Films, TV, comics; I love them all. I love how they tell stories visually. I love the creativeness, the playfulness and the richness of the images. How image after image are placed together to tell a tale that whisks you away from reality. This love made me become a comic book artist and then a storyboard artist.  This is also what filled my head with a ton of visual storytelling knowledge; knowledge that I want to share so others can create wonderful worlds and stories.

So, over the next few months, years, or however long this lasts, I hope to share some of this knowledge that is shoved in my head with anyone interested…even if it’s just me.  *Waves*  “Hi Me!” “Hi Me back!”   Aww…good company.

Enjoy!

Oh, and help me up with a better word than blooooooog. Please!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I just found a link to your site on LinkedIn; hooray for group-things!! as for a name... how about "instructive internet journal"? "Visual Storytelling journal"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Thanks for reading/posting and the suggestions. IIJ maybe? VSJ? Internet Journal is good..though I'm sure someone would shorten it to IJourn and we'd have to hurt them...or not, hmmm IJourn..interesting. Quick, go copyright it and get rich!

    ReplyDelete